Servispart Consulting will again be supporting this event and helping to facilitate some of the breakout sessions/discussions.
We have some excellent speakers lined up for us and some interesting presentations and discussion sessions planned to help develop your knowledge and thinking in this critical business area.
We hope you will join us all at what promises to be another very enjoyable, educational and informative day!
What is the Service Community?
The Service Community is an informal, non-profit organisation that seeks to drive service improvements and innovation through collaboration.
The community is continuing to grow and now has more than 250 members from the full spectrum of UK and European industrial organisations, many of whom are leaders in growing their business through aftermarket and service thinking.
Run by service professionals for service professionals, the Service Community runs events with site visits and presentations from some of the UK’s leading aftermarket and service professionals from a wide array of industries.
No fee is charged for attending any of the Service Community events.
What happens at Service Community Events?
Each service community event is not only a fantastic opportunity to hear about the latest best practices from leading academics and industry professionals but also to network with other service professionals just like you.
The Service Community aims to provide opportunities to find out what practices have worked for other companies, what hasn’t worked, and most importantly, why?
The overarching focus is therefore on the practical – less about theory and more about examining what others find challenging and evaluating how they overcame those challenges.
Service Community Event at Liverpool University Management School – September 14th, 2023
We are delighted to confirm that our next service community event will be hosted on this occasion by Liverpool University at their highly respected management school in Liverpool, UK.
This time around, we have a number of thought-provoking presentations and discussions planned:
- Paul Camidge, Senior Service Leader at Cepheid will facilitate a highly provocative and interactive debate on the Groundhog day phenomenon which is every Service managers worst nightmare i.e. service businesses experiencing the same problems over and over again.
- Glyn Dodd of Centrex Services, will share a case study and his practical experiences on using data and technology to drive value and impact key performance metrics.
- Julian Mosquera of BearingPoint, will share some interesting thoughts on how service thinking and practice in the water industry contrasts with that in the tech. industries;
- Mark Kiteley, an experienced senior service executive, will lead a discussion on how to secure your service information infrastructure from bad actors;
- and finally, we will have a discussion on the future of the Service Community and where you the members want to take it.
There will also be plenty of time during breaks, lunch and before/after the event for networking, discussion and making new friends!
To see overall timings and register to attend the event, please follow this link: get tickets.
Joining instructions will be sent out 7 days before the event.
Come and join us
Previous events have been well worth a day out of the office/factory and we expect this latest event to be no exception.
Service Community events are usually twice a year (spring and autumn) so we hope you can find the time to come and join us all, this September.
If you can’t make this event but you’d like to get more involved in the Service Community, have ideas on topics, would like to make a presentation or offer your facilities for a future Service Community event, please contact the Service Community leadership team and we will get back to you as soon as possible.